Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Just Some Bits & Pieces

I thought I would crawl around the internet today and see what interesting news I could find relating to the pagan community.  Here is what I found.

This is a perfect example of just how paganism can be tucked into small town and be just fine.
http://www.digitalburg.com/artman2/publish/Top_Story_74/pagans_have_small_presense_in_Warrensburg.shtml

Angelina Jolie as Maleficent?  I think it would be great.  Just in case you don't remember your Disney, Maleficent is the witch from Sleeping Beauty.  Here is the full article from the Marquee Blog -

In the upcoming spy thriller “Salt,” Angelina Jolie plays a master of disguise, and now she’s ready to transform herself yet again to portray “Sleeping Beauty” witch, Maleficent, and Cleopatra.

Quirky director Tim Burton is reportedly already attached to the Maleficent project, a live-action adaptation of Disney’s 1959 animated classic about a witch who puts a princess to sleep because she wasn’t invited to her christening. Jolie, a big fan of the original, told MTV News she’d be thrilled to slip on Maleficent’s horn-rimmed headwear.

“I would love to," said the 35-year-old actress. "It's all new and being discussed, but I loved her when I was a little girl. She was my favorite.”




Jolie is equally enthusiastic about the possibility of portraying Cleopatra in a film based on Stacy Schiff’s upcoming biography of the Queen of the Nile. But, she added, the script has to be just right.



"I think if we can get the story right, and do the real story… there's a lot about her that's never been covered yet," Jolie said. " So if we can do something original, we will."



Meanwhile, the mom of six is also speaking out about another much-talked-about lady, her daughter Shiloh. Defending the 4-year-old’s preference for boys’ attire, Jolie told Reuters, “I think she is fascinating, the choices she is making. And I would never be the kind of parent to force somebody to be something they are not. I think that is just bad parenting.”

Very cool huh.

I did come across the news stories about the people in Asia who were accused of being witches and then killed.  I decided not to post those stories.  Not today.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment