Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Time to Clean for Spring - Cleaning Solution

It is that time of year again.  Spring is here and it is time to open those windows and doors and starting cleaning your dwelling.  From top to bottom from the little used guest room to the constant used living room, it is time to clean.  I have a cleaning solution that I use for my general everyday wipe down of the kitchen counters but I also use it to clean door handles, window sills, and any other places that need a wipe down.

The formula is quite simple and goes into a plastic spray bottle.

Ingredients:
White Vinegar
Borax
Water
Essential Oil of you choice
Herb of your choice (optional)
Spray Bottle
Funnel

How to make:

Add 1 teaspoon of Borax to the spray bottle.  Using a funnel will make this easier.  Next add 2 tablespoons of white vinegar, again use the funnel.  Fill bottle with HOT tap water, not to the top of the bottle.  Leave room for the hose and other parts of the sprayer.  Add between 10-15 drops of essential oil of your choice.  You can mix and match your oils too.  Put on the sprayer and let the whole thing cool down.

How to use:

Spray and wipe.  That simple.  You can use a sponge, cloth, or paper towel with this solution.


I personally use Lavender Oil mixed with Lemon Oil.  It give a wonderful scent.  In a test I also added a pinch of peppermint to the bottle and let it mix in.  I don't remove the herb but leave it to do it's work.  The peppermint was added because of its correspondence to cleansing.

I hope that you find this cleaning solution a joy to use as much as I have.

Happy cleaning and Blessed be!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment